CCR Question #4 Draft

CCR Question #4
4. How did you incorporate technology in the process?
  • I started working on my magazine by making layouts for my pages and cover and when I did this I used a lot of different software. I started by using Adobe Publisher and writing my drafts on Microsoft word, I later shifted entirely over to Adobe InDesign. The reason for this switch was that Publisher didn't have all the settings I wanted and InDesign ended up being easier to navigate and produce a better outcome. I took my photos using my iPhone camera at its highest settings and it worked well for what I needed. And when I finally got them online to edit I used mainly Photoshop. I used Photoshop to reshape photos, add borders, fix colors, add text, and put together my whole cover. I was able to easily navigate Photoshop due to my past experience with it, I took a whole class on how to work and edit on Photoshop. I used my past knowledge and gathered new knowledge to edit my photos the way I wanted. I was able to render my photos at the highest quality and even though I took them with an iPhone 6 they looked professional. After finishing the cover I worked on my table of contents and the two pages for my magazine. The table of contents first draft was done on Publisher but it didn't look clean and didn't match my vision. The next draft was done in InDesign and has a more desirable outcome, I took advantage of using the many text align, size, and font features. I adjusted my photos by cropping and reshaping to find a good spot for them and placed my title at the top. I used numbers and dividers to give the appearance of a real table of contents and I think it was successful. Following that, my first draft for my two pages was also done in Publisher and of course the production was then moved to InDesign. Using the same features as my table of contents, I places my text, photos, and titles to look like the many magazine pages I examined. I used many different types of online platforms and technology in this project, I took advantage of their settings and features. I've become much better situated with a lot of these editing software's and I have improved a lot since starting this project. 

Comments