Distribution Plan

DISTRIBUTION PLAN

STANDARD DISTRIBUTION MODEL

A distribution plan I would use would be physical copies of my magazine. There are many ways I could produce and advertise this. An idea would be having physical copies that could be distributed to stores that have a relation with my magazine and the products inside it. Since my magazine is outdoors activities i'd say it could be distributed mainly to sports stores possibly Dick's Sporting Goods and such. Anywhere where the magazine can be see whether it be a magazine rack, but a relation to the location and magazine can be vital. Also I believe i'd want to run the magazine independently, possibly with a trusted team and maybe sponsorship. Running the production would be me and a worker/partner and i'd hire a team of editors and distribution managers who can work with sponsors who share the same relation to the magazine and its products. The reason i'd want to run it as a sort of inside team is mainly because I want the magazine to be educational and have a passion. With a larger scale team many of the original ideas are lost and what is left is a magazine focused on producing as much money as possibly disregarding the thought that once went in. Working with sponsors who may advertise the magazine for their brand, for example a pair or roller-blades would sponsor my magazine and i'd advertise them in the next copy. Its a benefit for both involved and doesn't require another organization controlling it. Along with that i'd try to make the magazine as exclusive as possibly, it is mainly about outdoors activities like rollerskating or long-boarding/etc. Just embracing the use of outdoor equipment and hobbies so I think anyone could pick up a hobby or get an interest in it. If the magazine is too exclusive to the genre of outdoors it may cut off new audience to only please the current ones, so i'd attempt to keep an even balance.

DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION MODEL

Using internet distribution would be something I would do for my magazine also. What I mean by this is setting up a website that allows the user to access articles and purchase a physical copy from the website. This website would allow the vast online audience to see the magazine and distributes easier to the people who use it. On this website I would sponsor brands that match up with the magazines ideas to get sponsorship in return. Also, set up a way for people to contribute pictures or article ideas via email. The magazine would work with the team of publishers and editors, etc to provide articles and copies for stores. To print physical copies I would of course partner up, distributing straight to the company who could print. I would advertise my website on social media apps to distribute it further to audience. The magazine as distribution continues, new ways could be used as a bigger audience comes in. But as I kind of plan for the distribution of the magazine I would use this.

Comments